Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Vacations, Dentists, and Hump Day

Going back to work from vacations is always tough, even if it's just for the weekend.  That's what my boyfriend and I had to do this past weekend when we travelled to the Outer Banks in North Carolina with a great group of friends.  It was so much fun and it sure went by fast.  I sure do love the beach.  Even though there have been frequent shark attacks, that didn't stop me from going in the ocean!  This was my boyfriend's first time at the beach (in real life), so it was extra special.  It made me realized how blessed I am to travel and go to nice places on vacation esp. with my family and friends.  I was happy for my boyfriend, Gary <3 (hey!) so I tried to make sure that we did everything that he wanted to do down there.  I even rode on a jet ski with him, which I have tried before but I didn't like it and instantly got off, but this time it was fun and I felt fearless.  I made sure to take some seashells home.  Gary had a great time, but hardly slept (I would have not survived on the amount of sleep he had cause when we got there he stayed up and went to the beach super early while I recovered sleep from the long drive).  Thanks for a great trip babe!

But now it was back to reality on Sunday...on my first day back to work, my boss's were not there, so I had to hold down the fort - answer client phone calls and emails, which went smoothly. 

I am a part-time employee at this job, so I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off, well at least for now.  Yesterday I went to the dentist to get a cavity filled in the back,
lower left of my mouth...it was weird because my dentist said it was small, but it ended up being bigger and he found another cavity back there - so I got to take the numbing drugs.  I am not afraid of needles. I really just try not to think about how the dentists and dental hygienists are scraping at my teeth so I stare at the ceiling and at the walls for minutes, even hours if I have to!  The numbing took a little to kick in, but boy am I mad cause I didn't eat before that, so I was starving and devastated when they told me I couldn't eat hard foods (aka all of the good and flavorful foods) for up to 3 hours after the cavity filling...Mind you this was during lunch time and I skipped breakfast like a fool. -_- But moral of this paragraph is that I do trust my dentist, so at first even when he thought the cavity was just small and told me he wasn't going to numb it, I trusted him with all of my heart.  I have heard that many people do not like the dentist.  I feel lucky to actually like and trust mine, I hope someday people can go to the dentist without fear because they are people to, doing the best they can for your job to fix a signature of who you are and what makes you, you - your SMILE!
Happy Hump Day
Here's a picture of a baby gorilla smiling to remind you to smile (even when you might be dreading to go to the dentist)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment